LISTING CATEGORY: School District #8 (Kootenay Lake)
School District #8 (Kootenay Lake)
· Cover Letter
· Certificates & Diplomas
· Teaching Qualifications/Licenses
School District #8 (Kootenay Lake) has an exciting vacancy for a motivated, visionary, energetic, and caring principals for our applicant pool.
The awarded candidate for this position must have leadership and/or administration experience in their school and/or in the District. The awarded candidate will also have a proven strong history of working with a variety of programs and grades. In addition, the candidate will have a proven record of exemplary relationships with students, staff, district-level administration, and parents. The candidate must also show significant evidence of experience working an administrative team with budgets and with successful staffing and collective agreement management (in a multi-union environment).
The awarded candidate will also demonstrate an ability to assist and lead staff into the next phase of education in British Columbia, with a clear understanding of the new curriculum.
We are looking for strong applications, complete with 3 current or recent professional, supervisory references, from people who can clearly demonstrate the following:
- Possession of a valid B.C. Professional Teaching Certificate, through the BC Ministry of Education (with fees paid to the TRB until June 2022) – proof of such must be provided
- Completion of a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership or related
- Excellent skills as a visible, accessible, dynamic, innovative and flexible leader
- Being a good listener
- Being kind, compassionate, caring and understanding
- A history of excellent teaching practice, in addition to (if possible) with learners with unique needs (eg: alternate, special education learners, etc)
- Knowledge and implementation of current learning theory as related to instruction and assessment
- An excitement about their own learning and the importance of life-long learning
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with students, staff, parents and community
- A demonstrated consultative style of leadership exhibiting strong decision making skills
- A clear ability to work with all partners to establish clear goals and direction
- A clear ability to provide leadership in supporting and integrating technology to support learning, and the ability to provide leadership in a distributed learning environment
- A demonstrated understanding of and commitment to excellence in education to support the needs of learners
- A demonstrated understanding of and commitment to: meeting the needs of a variety of learners, including students with a variety of sometimes complex special needs
- Demonstrated leadership ability and commitment to working as a member of an administrative team
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with educational uses of technology, student information systems (MyEdBC), and other administrative software
- Demonstrated knowledge of the the Ministry of Education’s K-12 new curriculum and the updated Graduation Program
- Demonstrated knowledge of Special Education Programs (including alternative education, learning support, special education, educational assistant support and active participation on the School Based Team) as well as how to meet the needs of our Indigenous students
- Demonstrated ability to support and maintain a safe and caring school environment through caring relationships and positive behavioural intervention supports
Applicants are asked to submit:
- A brief letter of application explaining interest in the position for which they are applying;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae, including:
- Career Profile (resume)
- Formal Academic Credentials (including degrees, teaching /administrative evaluations, transcripts, teaching reports, etc)
- Professional Certification evidence
- Selected Institutional Affiliations and Professional Leadership Roles
- Specialist Leadership Training and Professional Development Certifications
- Communications Experience; Presentations and Publications
- References (please be advised that only the references listed on the C.V will be contacted relative to this specific application but that more may be requested depending on what is provided)
- Evidence of completion of a Graduate Degree (copies of transcripts will be accepted)
Candidates selected for an interview/presentation will be expected to demonstrate to a panel:
- An understanding of the Ministry of Education’s new curriculum; SD8 Board of Education’s Board Goals and Student Expectations; SD8 Strategic Plan;
- Evidence of a strong ability to advance the Board’s Expectations in a learning environment devoted to excellence for learners;
- Developing skills in advancing a culture that embraces the personalization of learning;
- Developing understanding of how technology supports learning and work;
- A spirit of innovation and creativity.
For more information, please contact Superintendent, Trish Smillie by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must be certified in British Columbia with a Professional Teaching Certificate, or be eligible for certification by the start date of the assignment.
Only applications submitted on Make a Future will be considered. While the District encourages all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
School District 8 supports equity hiring for Indigenous applicants.
*If you are experiencing any technical issues with your application process to contact Make A Future’s customer service line as HR cannot upload or assist with these types of issues. We also cannot accept documents via email such as cover letters/resumes/transcripts/teaching reports via email as they do need to be part of the employee’s Make a Future profile.
To view the full posting and apply, click here.